Question Single cable with 2 8-pin connectors for 2 separate 1660 SUPER. Is it SAFE?

Dec 20, 2021
I have a 750 watts power supply unit. One cable has 2 "8-pin connectors" side by side.

Is it safe to connect those 2 connectors to 2 1660 Super graphx cards separately?

I am building a dual gpu mining rig.

Thank you.

Dec 20, 2021
A 750w PSU with only two 6+2 pin PCI-e connectors is crap and no 750w at all. What's the brand and model?

It is a HuntKey GS 700. It is actually 600W. Not modular.

It has the connectors of a regular PSU. I was just pointing out a single cable.

Here's a pic

q2-psu.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021
Powering 125W TDP * 2 from 1 cable might be on the fence of OK and not OK depending on which PSU you have. That's over 20 amps already based on TDP.

It is a HuntKey GS 700. It is actually 600W. Not modular. What is your safest bet? Do I need a modular one? and 2 separate cables of 8-pin connector?

q2-psu.jpg

This is the cable I am pointing out. I am planning to plug it on the 2nd 1660 super.

q1-8pin.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021
Low quality unit. I wouldn't power a 1000 bucks of videocards with it and it's not efficient for mining. Look for something better. A high-end, Gold rated PSU with the peak of efficiency at 200-250w. Modulairity doesn't matter.

What's your location?
I'm here in Sorsogon, Philippines.

Thanks for the advice, man. This would really improve my rig setup.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
It's only listing one 'rail'. If the rail truly has 49A it would be able to power it, but putting all through one set of cables is not great. I would look at upgrading the PSU. You can probably sell the PSU to recoup some of the money spent on a better one.

Better PSU will probably be quieter and most likely have more that one (1) 12V rail.

Reactions: rollercaster