Single-Slot Graphics: Whose Card Is Fastest?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]cronos177[/nom]Same here ( witcher 2 as Benchmark), also this 6850 single slot as 4X CF[/citation]No 3-way or 4-way configurations for any HD 6850, they only have one CrossFire bridge.

Kaboose

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

Ya the evga gtx580 ftw hydro copper 2 fits into single slot without blocking other slots with size or tubing.
I think occasionally the loop input connectors for the water loop might touch so you might have to put them on the opposite side, but the connectors them self are adjustable so you should be work around if your water tubing is too crowded

i think the water block for the 570 now fits it into a single slot
The 590 hydro copper classified is reduced much in thickness compared to air cooled 590s, however the video output connections still block 2 slots.

G

Actually, if you have a water cooling setup, IMHO one of the best true single-slot cards is the MSI, part # 03G-P3-1591-AR.
It's a GTX 580 that only occupies a single slot.
Scott

No matter where you go, there you are...

xaquinasx

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Why in the hell are they using 4xx class GPUs and not 5xx? This is possibly the most worthless and irrelevant article that I have read in a long time. Who cares if only three companies sent cards? You should have just not done the article in lieu of providing info on GPUs that are over a year and a half old. lol?

G

Ati automaticly fails against nvidia just cause lack of features.

Ati 3d Technology is poor and late ALWAYS.
16x AA Kills an ATI card, where nvidia doesnt recieve such a huge dent.
Nvidia has physx... ATI doesnt.

Why on earth would you buy an ATI then?

I like this testing! Its cool to see that single slot cards are still being made, since the last single slot card I actually worked with was a refrence 8800GT. That thing had heat problems, but that was mainly because of the power-hungry very-hot super-awesome G92 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.