Question Single tool for efficient GPU and CPU temp monitoring?

Oct 24, 2022
Running a new B550 Tomohawk mobo / AMD 5600X / 3070 system.

Currently I have CoreTemp for checking CPU temps, and Task Manager > Performance to check the GPU temp.

Is there a more elegant solution to monitoring temps?

Edit - sorry mods, I only just saw there's a specific Cooling forum, my bad.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022
Thanks guys, that's great. I had no idea there was such a thing as overlays - hope they work in VR as this will be my system stress test.

I will try out both HWinfo and HWmonitor (which is currently a 404 error on the download button at https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.47.exe).

Without starting a new thread - what sort of temps should I expect/accept in my new built for the 5600X CPU and the RTX3070 GPU during a gaming stress test?

thanks again.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
temps depend on your cooling solution. the 5600x does not seem to use much more than a 3600x which was easy to cool. i had a pure rock 2 on my 3600x and never worried about it at all. put a decent 150w cooler on it and it'll be fine. go crazy with a 200w cooler and it'll be even happier with you :)

i upgraded to a 5900x and changed the cooler to one of the new Peerless assassin III 120 se's. easily keeps the 5900x around 75 degrees when torturing it and pulling around 200w. the 5600x won't pull that much and the cooler is nicely priced at $35. no brainer choice if you can't decide what to get to cool it

not sure about the 3070, you'll want to look at a review or 2 on the card you have and see what they got. it's not a massively power hungry cad so probably not too bad there either.

Last edited: