Site Load very slowly in IE9

johnyct9760

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I have a web page:

http://www.colleenobrien.org/

and its loading quite slow in IE9 and even some times its redirecting people ot junk pages on the load. I've done all I can think of to fix the problem even taking down the site and re-installing it form the ground up. All the other threads on this toppic are either non-existant or unhelpful. I'm hoping like hell someone can shed some light on this and help me

Thanks

John

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I can confirm, it happens on my computer too.

With Chrome, everything seems all right, but in Internet Explorer the page redirects to a fake page looking like a Youtube website, with links all around leading to a ".de.lv" ending URL. And if I click on any of them, a .bat file asks permission to run. I bet it's instant malware infection.

So it must be hiding somewhere in your website's source files, most likely in the javascript files. I'll come back if I find something.

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
In order to prevent people to accidentally clicking on that link, and getting infected, could you reformat it in a non-clickable way? With a warning?

I mean, you could be the hacker, who hacked into johnyct9760's computer, infected his website, and logged in to his tomshardware account to post a message on a public forum with a link of the infected website... I'm sure you understand my concern.

johnyct9760

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

He SZ thanks for the help and thanks for point out those posts on there I used a cleaner script that was posted on there to (hopfully) get all the junk off the site I'm building could you please look it over again and see if anything horrible is happening on your end thank you

Site:

www.colleenobrien.org

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I opened it in Explorer, no redirection happened.

Let's hope it stays that way. Have you come to any conclusion about the origin of the breach? I guess it's some vulnerability inside WordPress, or some plugin...