six monitors and 2 GTX 1050ti

linkersplit

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hi all,
this is my first post on this forum but I follow Tomshardware everytime I need!

Basically, my intention is to mount 6 monitors for stock trading on two Nvidia GTX 1050ti Strix 4GB

My specs
Mobo: Asus tuf z270 mark 2
CPU: Intel i7 7700k 4.2Ghz
VGA: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti Strix 4GB
RAM: 16GB
PSU: Corsair CX550M
Monitors: 6 x HP LA2206 22"
Cables: 2 x DPtoDP, 4 x DVtoDVI

Now, the two VGas are not in SLI as they dont support it and until now, we know it.
Can I still conect 3 monitors per each VGA and expect to extend the desktop to all the six?
At the moment only one monitor work, the others are not even recognized...
Odd thing is that the PC recognizes both the VGAs
Also, I decided then to use an old VGA cable and a VGAtoHDMI switcher, just to test a monitor... and when I modified an entry in the BIOS regarding multiple monitors, it suddendly recognize it, so that now I have 2 monitors.
Other odd thing is that these 2 monitors are connected on both the VGAs (one on VGA1 and one on VGA2) and they work together.
My head is basically spinning around and trying to figure out what could be the problem is becoming a nightmare!
Any help on this matter?

Solution
Hi All again,
solved!
Problem was that I was connecting the DVI-D to DP cable to the pc from the DVI-D side output, while it should be the oppsite (because of the different resolution output).

Thank you all that helped me ehhehe

linkersplit

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Good afternoon all.
Just an update: I tested the cables, they are not faulty.
At the moment I started from the basics: one monitor only.
I then changed from IGFX to PEG on BIOS, then I checked and even the BIOS recognizes the two GTX1050ti but, when I try to unplug a screen (with PC up and running) from one of the two VGA and plug it in the other one, monitor is not recognized.

linkersplit

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hi All again,
solved!
Problem was that I was connecting the DVI-D to DP cable to the pc from the DVI-D side output, while it should be the oppsite (because of the different resolution output).

Thank you all that helped me ehhehe

Solution