Sixense Heads to Kickstarter, Teams with Virtuix

Status
Not open for further replies.

funguseater

Distinguished
And once again Kickstarter backers will get pooched with an unfinished Beta test Unit, and when the commercial version hits the shelves it will be cheaper, easier to use and have a warranty. Don't get me wrong, this controller looks amazing but Kickstarter has a terrible track record, look at the Ouya selling in stores BEFORE being shipped to all backers, remember the pebble also selling before people received their correct item. Kickstarter is a great way to fund projects but do not expect a finished product, after all they are using you as product testers.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

thats how best buy works, they fill shelves before pre orders are fulfilled, blame them for the ouya

the rift, that was SPECIFICALLY said to be a dev kit, if you got it thinking any different its your problem.

so far, the ouya is about what everyone should have expected from the price and the hardware, and the rift went out of there way to tell you what to expect.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
so...how do you use that stapler-looking controller in the picture? i don't see it in the two video clips. it looks rather heavy to hold for extended period of time. :p

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
As someone who has quite enjoyed his razer hydra and the support sixsense gives it I am quite willing to go for this. Like the hydra Support for the controller isn't that important, sure supporting it can add quite a bit but its perfectly valid with just key remapping and considering using mouse and keyboard isn't that good an option when using the rift I'd say controllers like this are ideal as they offer better control then a regular controller and can be used without sight pretty well.

And yes I can type blindly as anyone should however full lack of sight still gets annoying.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

grow some muscles?

that said, im guessing its a version to simulate grasping something.
at some point it may turn into 5 different points you can grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.