[SOLVED] Skipped Initial boot setup

Xykiiee

Prominent
Sep 27, 2020
I just finished building my PC and I accidentally restarted the unit and didn't setup the BIOS. I don't know what should I do, please help

what I've done so far is update the BIOS to it's latest version, should I continue with installing windows by flashing?

My motherboard is a MSI A320M-A PRO, I currently have a 1TB HDD and a 240GB SSD

Solution
What I should do is:
1 remove HDD SATA
2 intall windows

I'm sorry if I just did that, I got stressed and confused... didn't ask in the forums a bit earlier
Yes. The reason is, you don't want windows to get "confused" and install ANYTHING on the HDD. By having only the SSD connected you will get a complete install on the SSD. Then install motherboard drivers which should get you network connectivity. Then install windows updates. Then install graphics driver. THEN reconnect your HDD as a data drive.

kanewolf

Titan
I just finished building my PC and I accidentally restarted the unit and didn't setup the BIOS. I don't know what should I do, please help

what I've done so far is update the BIOS to it's latest version, should I continue with installing windows by flashing?

My motherboard is a MSI A320M-A PRO, I currently have a 1TB HDD and a 240GB SSD
What you should do is make sure ONLY the SSD is connected to the motherboard when you do your windows install.

Reactions: Xykiiee

kanewolf

Titan
What I should do is:
1 remove HDD SATA
2 intall windows

I'm sorry if I just did that, I got stressed and confused... didn't ask in the forums a bit earlier
Yes. The reason is, you don't want windows to get "confused" and install ANYTHING on the HDD. By having only the SSD connected you will get a complete install on the SSD. Then install motherboard drivers which should get you network connectivity. Then install windows updates. Then install graphics driver. THEN reconnect your HDD as a data drive.

Solution