Skype playing ALL sounds that are made, not just voice; win 8.1

Pristal

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
I JUST unboxed a killer PC I ordered from CyberPower PC. This was the only place I could think to ask, save for a hardware subforum but I don't think that's an issue given this is the ONLY problem with the PC. For a $2700 gaming monster, I would think this wouldn't have any of these issues. :/ I'm so lost.

My issue:

Windows 8.1 is full updated, I have a legacy version of Skype for Desktop I ported from my old PC that was working fine with this specific headset.

Whenever I'm in a Skype call with friends, they can hear every ping, every windows sound, every gunshot in APB, every song I play, and every single steam bump I get. It's REALLY frustrating. I've updated, reinstalled Realtek HD drivers, disabled nvidia sound drivers, downloaded Synapse AND Surround Pro, rebooted countless times, installed EVERY SINGLE Windows 8.1 update that's out, updated any out of date software I can think of, and even had Skype and Microsoft support remotely assist me through my desktop for the past 4 hours. Nothing has worked. Stereo Mix is disabled, my headset is a Kraken Pro by Razer. This worked with my old PC (using the same version of skype) I'm just out of options short of returning it and waiting another month for them to fix it. Yes, the jacks are plugged into the right sockets as well.