Skyrim Creation Kit Releasing Tuesday with "Surprise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Why didn't they release the hi rez pack when it launched? Just make it an optional d/l they they are doing tomorrow. Once again PC take a back seat.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Why didn't they release the hi rez pack when it launched? Just make it an optional d/l they they are doing tomorrow. Once again PC take a back seat.[/citation]

Dude, the fact that you're getting one at all is what you should care about. Most PC games don't. Yeah I wish they would spend more time making this content for us in the first place but at the end of the day we pay less for the same games as console players get at higher quality than console players get so we can't really complain.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
So they took their time to make sure its all ready, and that comes off as the PC taking a back seat?

/rolls eyes

Id rather they take their time and make sure its finished, instead of rushing and delivering something lackluster.

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I wonder how their high rez pack will stand against skyrim HD. I'm hoping they took it seriously and will blow our minds and not something lower quality than we can download as mods.

oxiide

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Why didn't they release the hi rez pack when it launched? Just make it an optional d/l they they are doing tomorrow. Once again PC take a back seat.[/citation]
Wtf are you talking about? Console players don't even get to use mods, I don't think they even get texture quality as high as what we've had at launch. Bethesda doesn't owe us any of this. Talk about reaching for an argument, jesus.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Maximus_Delta[/nom]Guess its time to ditch using Nexus Mod Manager and switch to this?[/citation]

I'm really hoping I don't have to choose one or the other, hopefully I can use them both without any conflict. I can't see as to how one couldn't use both, in a nutshell Nexus Mod Manager simply places the mod folders into the game folders whilst keeping it neat. I assume the Steamworks version will do the same thing, so at worst Nexus Mod Manager will patch to detect any changes from the Steamworks mod manager

*Crosses fingers, hope i'm right.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
lol... wouldn't it be awesome if they brought dx11 to the game, added all the abilities of 11 but no implementation, that way its all up to the modders to get tessellation and stuff in it.

it would suck if they released an official high res pack... it would render that guys work pointless.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]kewlmunky[/nom]I wonder how their high rez pack will stand against skyrim HD. I'm hoping they took it seriously and will blow our minds and not something lower quality than we can download as mods.[/citation]Skyrim HD looks great but it has issues, like after certain loads some textures begin to flicker and and custom armor or skins will go dark. The only fix is to exit the game, unload the mod and then reload. I am not complaining loudly because I am running Skyrim at 5760x1080 on 3 screens on a GTX590 so the mod may not have that resolution in mind. I hope this Bathesda release is better integrated for any situation.

G

as an old fart I am opposed to anything that requires me to be online...
I have an old computer that I use for surfing and don't care if it gets messed up
Was not pleased to have to hook the good machine to the net to validate skyrim*
1) steam took 20 minutes to download it's stuff
2) then and hour for the skyrim stuff needed to make the game play
3) I didn't stand in line at midnite for a couple hours to get home and wait more...
4) you do realize the long term goal is to make you play online and to lease the game at a monthly charge...?
*note even microsoft has a telephone activation system.....

I am wondering when they are going to fix all the graphics bugs in the game. Anytime I get near water or have those stupid floating things in the air the game goes haywire. If I enable SLI it gets even worse. Mind you I have tested both of my video cards to be error free and have the latest beta drivers for my GTX 480's and have tried a couple others and still get errors in the game.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
@ahnilated
that sucks. have you tried uninstalling and re-installing skyrim?

i was excited about CK, but hi-res pack too! this rocks.
mods mods mods!.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Yes it is cool that they are making one... but at this point most people are done with Skyrim except for any mods that make them look at it again. Plus users made so many high res mods already to fill this void so it doesnt matter much to me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.