Skyrim pc Frozen randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_robbo

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
My skyrim will just freeze in the middle of gameplay for no reason, but the music will still be playing, and when I go to task manager, it says that the game is not responding any ideas?
System:
750 GB HDD
4 GB RAM
Intel 2.3 GHz Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M Display adapter

Solution
Yeah I have also seen it crash from the first thing you mentioned in combination with like a corrupted mod.
-In Steam go to Library and right click on Skyrim. Properties > Local Files (tab) > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
-Ah lots of mods that need to run scripts in game (before they implemented Creation Kit and Papyrus) a few off the top of my head are FXAA Post Processing Injector. ENB maybe anything that adds post processing that must be injected into the executable from externally.

Hope that helps

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
I used to have this problem on my laptop as well, I tried a couple different things and pretty much all of them seemed to fix the problem;
-Try running as admin
-Repair local files in Steam
-Update drivers
-uninstall any mod that injects code externally
-depending it it's location oriented, try revert save?

matt_robbo

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
as far as i know, it's completely random, unless it has something to do with cells that have mods installed in them, what do you mean by repair local files? And what sort of mods would have code externally?

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah I have also seen it crash from the first thing you mentioned in combination with like a corrupted mod.
-In Steam go to Library and right click on Skyrim. Properties > Local Files (tab) > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
-Ah lots of mods that need to run scripts in game (before they implemented Creation Kit and Papyrus) a few off the top of my head are FXAA Post Processing Injector. ENB maybe anything that adds post processing that must be injected into the executable from externally.

Hope that helps

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.