[SOLVED] SkyTech Computer

Jan 3, 2021
Has anyone here bought from them.. Looking at The Shadow 3.0 for $1249.
If you have let me here the pro and cons if you don't mind..
Thanks

Solution
Thanks that's what I been reading on here too.. willmoveon from this one. Looking over CLX computer now..trying to do some different configures..

Basically, if you go the prebuilt route, go with something that allows you to evaluate every part. You worked hard for your money, so you want every component to be specifically identified for you to research.

And unless you go the boutique route that charges an even heftier premium but generally makes sure to get everything right (like Falcon NW), be as familiar with the parts as you can be ahead of time just in case you need to fix connections, cable management, etc.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, no exact motherboard or PSU listing is a hard no. Like many budget Thermaltake cases, the airflow is poor, and you don't even get a proper base configuration to help the skimply airflow; all three of the fans included are in positions for exhaust.

For $600 after the GPU and CPU, I expect no serious yellow or red flags, and there are three here.

Reactions: Jkf69
Jan 3, 2021
Thanks that's what I been reading on here too.. willmoveon from this one. Looking over CLX computer now..trying to do some different configures..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Basically, if you go the prebuilt route, go with something that allows you to evaluate every part. You worked hard for your money, so you want every component to be specifically identified for you to research.

And unless you go the boutique route that charges an even heftier premium but generally makes sure to get everything right (like Falcon NW), be as familiar with the parts as you can be ahead of time just in case you need to fix connections, cable management, etc.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution
Jan 3, 2021

Will do, I will try to post a couple builds. Newbi on forum trying to figure it out..links etc..