Sli says its enabled but shows no improvement

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I have 2 gpus installed and it says sli is enabled but every time I fire up a game like gta v or rainbow 6 the fps won't get above 30 or 40 on 4K ultra. I thought maybe it's normal but then I checked benchmarks and saw performance for those games in sli should be SIGNIFICANTLY better. So I ran ungine valley with sli both enabled and disabled and got the exact same score. What's going wrong with my system?

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I7 6850k
Asus rpg swift x99 gaming mobo
2 evga gtx 1080 ftw

I doubt it's to do with hardware if everything is running as it should, pretty much everything is brand new

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Yes, yes and yes. I have the bridge that came with my motherboard, in the control panel it says sli is enabled and I have the latest drivers but for some reason the performance is still poor

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

i ran the benchmark for gta 5, gpu's were pretty much <95% the whole time, clock speeds were normal, temps were both pretty much 70's, which all seems normal to me. as for cpu, idk much about that stuff, but i had usage testing and it was in the 20-30% range pretty much the entire time. interestingly, i have 32gb of ram but only 10gb was being utilized during the test, 11 at most. again, im a bit of a noob and idk much about this stuff but could that problematic?

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

ikr? but tbh my benchmarks were very poor compared to other reviews. and i've seen videos on youtube and stuff of people maxing out 4k settings with 2 1080's and they're getting like 100fps. is the fact that im only using a third of my ram normal?

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

i dont have vsync enabled and idk but im pretty certain i dont have an fps cap enabled (not that i would know how to check tbh). in menus my counter reads like 200 fps so i doubt i have a cap

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

one thing idk is if my bios is up to date. sorry if this is a stupid question, but do u know how to update? hahaha

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

There should be a utility you can download from the maker and it will check your version against the newest version, and update it if you want.

Papap28

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

do you think it makes a difference because im checking benchmarks for gta on a single FE card and its pretty much the same as my "sli" lol