Question Slot load DVD RW on Dell Studio 1558 does not eject

raghava216

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Hi!

I got a Dell Studio 1558 that runs Win 7 64-bit OS.
A DVD got stuck in it's slotload DVD RW (TSST TS-T633C 12.7mm Slotload 8x DVDRW). The DVD is not coming out despite pressing the eject button on the keyboard repeatedly. Also, tried re-installing the DVD RW drivers many times but to no avail.
Since it is a slot load type drive, I am not sure how to eject it. Can't even make out if it's a hardware or software issue.
The following message pops-up on my screen, when I try to eject the DVD.
"An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive (F):"

Also, I am not able to read the contents of the DVD. This is the message that pops-up: "Please insert a disc into the drive(F)".

Please help me resolve this issue.

The disc may have come off the tray's central mounting hub (or the disc wasn't mounted correctly on the hub before closing the tray). If that's happened, the disc itself is jamming the opening mechanism.
May require dismantling from inside, or if that's not possible the drive itself will have to be replaced.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I too suspect it is what Phillip Corcoran said, a dislodged disc.

You can try one of those pins (or a straightened metal paper clip) that goes into the tiny hole in front of the drive and with a little pressure the tray would move/open a bit and sometimes that dislodges the disc or you can carefully wiggle the tray a bit or maneuver the disc and see if the drive can open.