Slow and sluggish performance, Win 10

UngusBungus

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hello,
I need help. Basically I got a PC this Christmas and I have been facing poor performance and stuttering that I think just shouldn't be happening. I have searched through every forum I can find and every supposed fix video for it.

So far I've:
uninstalled bloatware
updated drivers
done a clean install of the graphics driver
messed about in the registry
Defragmented my hard drive
Tried to check if the issue is game side but I don't think it is at all
Yet none of these have seemed to help at all so now I'm out of options but to ask for help.

By stuttering I mean that I get a good, solid 60 fps for a bit then out of nowhere frame rate just drops to about 2 and go's back up in 2 to 3 seconds. Also sometimes the frame rate just dies and makes the game unplayable for 5 to 20 seconds then go's back to normal. Also whenever I alt tab out of pretty much any game it takes ages for it to load up and even for it to just realise that I did it in the first place.

Furthermore this can also be seen on the desktop. Things are slow to load and when they do they quickly become unresponsive and on a few occasions just crash out of nowhere. Google Chrome is the biggest offender of this as sometimes I'll be doing nothing and it will just crash and stop working.

This happens on every game ,old and new, and is driving me mad. Maybe I'm asking for too much and this is how it's meant to be but I really can't see that as the cause.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask anything I left out and I'll do my best to answer.

My PC - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pKQmjc

I should also mention that my PC is custom built by myself and I wouldn't say I'm wholly experienced with this after coming from console. Perhaps there is something so easy to do to fix it that I've simply missed.

Thank you,
Euan Jones.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016
Have u tried to monitor your temperature while gaming? I would personally use rivatuner first to check what is happening during fps drop. How cpu/gpu usage behave.
Also make sure u have no power saving option enabled, both in windows and Bios.

UngusBungus

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

I haven't checked temperature while in game. Ill try that now and there is no power saving mode enabled on both.

UngusBungus

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

I used that RivaTuner but nothing seemed out of the ordinary and the temperatures and RAM usage were fine.