[SOLVED] Slow Computer

Nov 18, 2021
Hi there,
Recently upgraded my system and its now got horrendous boot times and has sever input lag as well as very bad lag/fps drops. My new system is:

ASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10600K (4.1 GHz) 12 MB Cache
Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit NEW PART
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 LHR 8GB NEW PART
Corsair RM Series RM750 750W '80 Plus Gold' NEW PART

(CPU has been OC'd to 4.9GHz and GPU has been OC'd using a standard asus OC scanner, I'm unable to use XMP profiles on the ram as the PC will then only boot into safe mode)
Can anyone help suggest how to fix this?

Solution
Re-Use I think, the system was running with a GTX 1650 super, lower speed RAM, and a 350W PSU. Then changed these parts over for the "NEW PARTS" and havent done anything with the OS,
Does that make snse?
Yes. Random problems that can't be pinpointed are very often because you are attempting to reuse an OS install. Basically the OS is confused as to what hardware you have because the old hardware is listed throughout the Windows registry.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi there,
Recently upgraded my system and its now got horrendous boot times and has sever input lag as well as very bad lag/fps drops. My new system is:

ASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10600K (4.1 GHz) 12 MB Cache
Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit NEW PART
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 LHR 8GB NEW PART
Corsair RM Series RM750 750W '80 Plus Gold' NEW PART

(CPU has been OC'd to 4.9GHz and GPU has been OC'd using a standard asus OC scanner, I'm unable to use XMP profiles on the ram as the PC will then only boot into safe mode)
Can anyone help suggest how to fix this?
Did you do a clean Windows install with this build or are you trying to reuse your previous Windows install ?

Nov 18, 2021
Did you do a clean Windows install with this build or are you trying to reuse your previous Windows install ?
Re-Use I think, the system was running with a GTX 1650 super, lower speed RAM, and a 350W PSU. Then changed these parts over for the "NEW PARTS" and havent done anything with the OS,
Does that make snse?

kanewolf

Titan
Does that make snse?
Yes. Random problems that can't be pinpointed are very often because you are attempting to reuse an OS install. Basically the OS is confused as to what hardware you have because the old hardware is listed throughout the Windows registry.

Reactions: Corwin65
Solution

TRENDING THREADS