Slow Download speeds on one computer

ProdigyThirteen

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
So this has been going on for quite a while now and is really getting on my nerves. I can't figure out what is wrong and from my point of view, nothing IS wrong. On every other computer in the house, the download speed is somewhere between 8 MB/s (yes, MB, not Mb) and 15 MB/s and on my PC, it's anywhere between 1 MB/s and 3 MB/s. I've reinstalled Windows countless times, I've used the onboard Ethernet port, I bought a USB 3.0 ethernet adapter and used that, I've tried wireless, I've tried 3 different ethernet cables (all Cat5-e) and none of them seem to work. This is starting to become quite irritating.

PC specs:
i5 3570k
GTX 970
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H rev 1
8GB Mushkin Redline RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)

I've asked a few friends for help and they're just as puzzled as I am, there is no reason for my DL speed to be this bad.

ProdigyThirteen

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
Onboard, too lazy to find out exact name considering I just go to Gigabyte's site for drivers and that has the latest ones.
ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
And a 300 Mb/s Wireless USB adapter, forgot the brand name. I've tried the drivers from the disc and downloaded drivers.

I'm not stupid, I know what I'm doing. I know how to download and install the latest drivers, I also know that has no effect.

ProdigyThirteen

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014

I literally just said the answer. I've tried them all and there is no difference in speed. At this very moment in time, 100Mbps Half Duplex

ProdigyThirteen

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014

Nope, no optimizers installed. From what I've read from other people having similar problems, they're generally the cause of it.

TRENDING THREADS