Slow internet loading on a fast PC and connection

Harnell

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
This problem started to occur about 1-2 months ago. Everytime I try to attempt to open any kind of page which is using the internet, Whether it be steam trading/workshop, or google/youtube, it will take about 15 seconds to load, or never load at all. This problem is extremely annoying, as so far it has probably wasted hours of my spare time, and I would really appreciate help. Also to note, along with this problem I get many shockwave flash has crashed problems.

I am currently using google chrome, although I still maintain this problem is IE and mozzila firefox.
I am on a virgin 50mb broadband with an ethernet cable, about 40 down/5 up (with a virgin router).
I have a i7-3820, 16GB of ram, gtx 670, 120gb OS SSD and 2TB HDD storage.

I have already used many techniques to try and solve this, including virus scans, defragmentation, file cleanups, chrome reinstallments, steam reinstallments. Also, with the shockwave flash has crashed I have used all of the fixes that I have been given on google search, with the whole chrome plugins thing. A lot of my things just regularly become unresponsive, and I have no bloody clue what is the cause of it.

I know for sure it's not my base internet connection, because my laptop has none of these problems. It could be the ethernet cable I am using, may have to try another one. I never lag in games such as dota, minecraft and battlefield, or have any of these unresponsive happenings.

Harnell

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I primarily use Google Chrome. I have no toolbars, and these problems still retain in other programs and steam, so it can't be my web browser. I also re-installed chrome, and only saved the bookmarks the other day.

Hi :)

Try this...

Go into IE and RESET it....including DELETE PERSONAL SETTINGS...( you wont lose your personal stuff)

Then try IE again...

All the best Brett :)

Bring up IE ...go to tools Interent options then Advanced ...then click reset and also tick box saying delete personal settings...

Then CLOSE IE ...then restart it and see how it goes ...

YES that's a Superhub.....unfortunately it has various problems like yours... you can read about them on Virgingmedias forums...

Have you got an other router or switch plugged into it ?

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

So this is i have already opened up my browser and let it load then when I go to a different page it takes 15 seconds? That sound like you have security ad dons that may be overloaded something is looking through a database for known bad web pages or overly inspecting the javascript/flash/etc code. I'd maybe reinstall my virus scanner and pay attention to options when you set it up some of them can have some pretty resource hogging options.

Steam has to connect and log in, I could not worry about that taking 15 seconds, that's pretty normal, once its loaded though it should be fairly quick.

This really sounds like an overly imposing virus scanner to me. I recently had to ditch AVG myself for avast becasue it was indeed starting to kill my older machine, it had just become too cumbersome trying to compete with norton and mcaffee.

Harnell

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
Wacabletech. You! Are an amazing man! I just cleaned out all of my unused excess programs, including one called safe browser or something. My computer is not running at the proper speed again! :D Dw, my computer is safe security wise too, due to epic norton security!

Whila3032

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016