Question Slow internet on new computer (with new modem aswell)

emirkir

Reputable
Apr 26, 2019
So I built my own PC, to clear that out from beginning - with only known brands.
I have always like 2-5 MBits/sec downloading but after I switched my Asus PCE-N15 to a PCE-AC56 my speed reached up to our broadband's limit - 150 MBits/sec.

Approximately one to two weeks after the switch my internet connection is still as slow on my PC.
I've tested with my iPad and Samsung phone and my broadband reaches up to 120 MBit/sec - as usual in this room.
Why is my computer so slow and not other devices? The rig is about ½ a year old.

Modem is made by Sagemcom, specifications here: https://www.comhem.se/kundservice/drift-och-felsok/com-hem-wifi-hub-c2 (Put this site into Google Translate because it is in Swedish). We recieved this, as we thought it was the modem the problem was on.

Thanks a lot for helping! I'll provide you with all the necessary information I've missed here.
Below I'll write my computers parts if that is needed,(in the spoiler-tab).

PLEASE NOTE THAT I ACCIDENTALLY REPOSTED THIS THREAD BECAUSE OF MY SLOW INTERNET...
(And I do not know how to delete one of them...)

UPDATE:
It only runs slow on the internet that's coming from the modem in my house.
When switched to mobile internet (sharing from phone) the signal becomes stable but not fast as internet sharing isn't fast. It was the same with the old card - I assume it wasn't the card that spooked back then...

MB: Gigabyte B250-FinTech
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500
RAM: Ballistix Sport 2x4 GB
WLAN: Asus PCE-AC56 - with external antenna
PSU: Seasonic S12II-620
GPU: Asus Dual GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Last edited: