Slow or crippled upload on gigabit, all other pc's are fine...

sid3ffect

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Alright, so... I recently made some in-home changes to my internal network, primarily just relocating the main router and cutting new cable to accommodate it. Every other PC on the network (excluding wireless of course) is getting full speed both directions, I'm fortunate enough to have fiber in my area so that's roughly 1000/1000. The PC in question is able to get full download speed, however, when the upload speed test kicks in, it struggles to get above 350-400. I've tried multiple test servers with the same result. The PC in question is hooked to a gigabit hub and then to the router and I have another PC hooked up to the same hub that gets full upload and download. The PC in question CAN SEND files at FULL SPEED to other computers on the same internal network, it's only when sending out to the internet that it fumbles.

Things I've tried to fix this:
-Adapter drivers
-Different network cables
-Bypassing my hub
-Rebooting both PC and router (numerous times)
-Different ports on the router
-ipconfig /release and /renew
-ipconfig /flushdns
-Rolling back my computer to a date prior to in-home network changes
-Different browsers
-Clearing the cache of browsers
-Poked around a little bit of the advanced tab on my network adapter, no help there

I changed nothing on this PC before this in-home network change and prior to the change it was getting full speed both directions as well.

The only thing l can think of that might POSSIBLY have some soft of impact is that the new network cable that I ran to my room is routed through a hole in the wall that's being shared with a standard 110 power cable. However, since I'm able to send files locally at full gigabit speeds I don't believe this to be the issue. Also, there are other network cables that are laid across maybe 7-10 power cables in the attic with no issues there.

I'm really struggling for a solution here and any insight you could add would be appreciated.

Thanks

sid3ffect

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
I was at my wits end when I posted the original thread... I guess it was what I needed to realize that I hadn't tried uninstalling bitdefender free... eureka!
Thanks for taking the time to read this I suppose, maybe it'll help someone else one day.