Slow Upload but fast Download.

Jan 1, 2019
Good evening everyone.

It's my first time posting here.

I've been having issues with my Upload speeds in my PC.

Here's the issue.

I have a 4g router in my room and I connect my PC to it via Ethernet cable or WiFi. (I alternate between the two whenever needed) and for some reason whenever I do a speedtest, I get around 50-75mbps download speed but only 0.4-0.6 upload. (Through Ethernet and WiFi, same results).

At first I thought it was my router, so I decided to connect my brothers laptop to my router just to be sure and I was getting 50-75mbps download and 5mbps upload!

So I thought maybe it was my PC. I decided to connect it to my brothers 4g Router and I was getting around 45-60mbps download and 3-5mbps upload.

It's weird that for my some reason, my router is only affecting my PC with slow upload speeds but whenever I connect the same router to my brothers laptop, it's fine.

And if I connect another router to my PC I get good upload speeds.

I've tried the process of elimination but can't seem to find the root of the issue.

I've been searching for threads with the same issue as mine but I can't seem to find one.

Please, if anyone can offer me some assistance, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you for your time.

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located and what is your ISP? A mobile phone operator? Might also want to share your wireless routers details as well. Since you mentioned your brother in this post as well, might want to include his router's make and model. Are they both the same router? Are they on the same operator? Are they both on the same firmware?

Jan 1, 2019

Hello.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I live in Bahrain (which is located in the middle east) and my ISP is VIVA.

My brother and I are using the same ISP but we both have different routers.

Mine is a HUAWEI b612s-25d and its on its latest firmware update.

Hardware version: WL1B612M01

Software version: 11.195.03.01.632

My brothers' router is a VIVA brand one. and its on its latest firmware.

We're on the same ISP though. but two separate connection/packages.

I hope this answers your questions.