[SOLVED] Small scratch on motherboard; is it the reason I'm getting no output on monitors?

Jul 25, 2019
While removing my old GPU to install a new one, I foolishly used a screwdriver to push down on the PCI release latch, and it slipped, going straight into the motherboard. The scratches look light and the GPU fans turn on along with the light on it when I turn on the computer, but my monitors says no signal. The GTX 2070 requires an 8 pin PCI-E cable, but I only have a 6 and 2, so I plugged both of them in side by side. I have checked a the cables and everything seems fine. Are the monitors not getting a signal because of the scratch in my motherboard or because of incorrect wiring? I really hope it's the latter...
Thanks for any help

Here is the scratch
KIQTDzJ.jpg

Solution
I don't think anyone can say "that scratch is the cause" or "that scratch isn't the cause" without knowing specifically what those scratched traces are for.

....but I can say with a lot of confidence that those scratches could be the cause.
I don't think anyone can say "that scratch is the cause" or "that scratch isn't the cause" without knowing specifically what those scratched traces are for.

....but I can say with a lot of confidence that those scratches could be the cause.

Solution