Question Small sound coming from PSU when i press power button on chassi

Jan 15, 2023
Sooooooooo....
Since my last PC problems I have gotten a new Mobo as well as a new CPU i have everything plugged in....
Psu only reacts with a little sound coming from it whenever i press the power button on the chassi
The motherboard shows no signs of life and neither does any of the fans

There is most likely some PSU problems since i tried building it out of the case and used the box the Motherboard came in (to see if it had to do with something shorting out on the case) and still got no reaction and also it doesnt have a power button on the mobo so I shorted the power pins.

I need some tips on what to do to test what is wrong.....
I saw something about a paper clip test but im to much of a pussy to test it out lol

How old is your motherboard - I see some web sites mentioned that model as early as 2012.

Ok, say your motherboard and PSU is like 10 years old - then for the mobo, I'll say it's at the very end at expected lifetime. I've had motherboards in the past with livespan all between 6 to 12 years. About same for PSU - both are also depending on usage factors such as temperature and numbers of power cycles.

Jan 15, 2023
How old is your motherboard - I see some web sites mentioned that model as early as 2012.

Ok, say your motherboard and PSU is like 10 years old - then for the mobo, I'll say it's at the very end at expected lifetime. I've had motherboards in the past with livespan all between 6 to 12 years. About same for PSU - both are also depending on usage factors such as temperature and numbers of power cycles.

Makes sense