Small white spot on monitor, more visible with white screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
There is a white spot on my monitor that is very bright and visible when there's a white background but only slightly visible with grey/black backgrounds.

Any idea what it could be?

nanzer

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
If it was black - dead pixel.
Are the surrounding pixels slightly discolored? Check up close. If you see a couple of random colours (no matter how tiny) when the screen is completely white, you've earned yourself a half-dead pixel. Same on my phone.

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
It's not a dead pixel it's a bright little spot. The colors still work normally but on a white background the spot appears especially bright and on a black background it's a little subtle bright dot. (On a black background it appears like a greyish color.) It's not a single pixel, it looks like about 3 pixels and it sort of fades, it's not a sharp 3 pixel block that immediately stops it fades out over the course of about 3 pixels.

It kind of looks like the backlight is super bright in that area for some reason.

http://imgur.com/a/wwm8v

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

Well I take good care of my monitor and I don't go bumping it let alone pushing my finger into it, but after some googling I found that it could be a small contaminent such as a dust particle stuck between the screen and the LCD, thoughts?

ButtonsTheMonkey

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Sorry to revive a dead post but looks like I've got a similar issue:
51YwA4H.png

Noticed a large one a little while back and then just more recently saw a couple others (could have been there all along just not really noticed till now) They only appear on lighter backgrounds usually, but mostly seen on white and light blues.

Close up of the biggest one, looks like the pixels are working fine:
dRGDYMU.png

Since nobody answered I'm guessing there is no solution to this, but I am curious if timil notice it getting worse or anything since you last posted.

Thanks!

aminsafwan88

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
I just realized that I have the same problem too. I got the same bright spot on my screen. It's annoying :( are you sure it from dust particle? Can I remove the screen and clean it :((

Amin

mackopp

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015

Do you find any solution to fix that spot because and i have same problem on my screen ?? :/

sin486

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
I have had this on multiple brand new laptops. In my case it's a manufacturing defect with the light diffuser material in the LCD backlight. I RMA'd until I got a LCD without the issue.

Penduwarrior

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I am having the same problem. Have you found any solution yet? My LCD was working fine for 1 month and after a month yesterday i started to notice that same thing suddenly and never noticed it before it just became more brighter since yesterday and becomes more bright with use. Any ideas? How to fix it?

Andy Nguyen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
It's the pressure marks, something is pressing on the back panel of the LCD screen causing this kind of bright areas. It's not dead pixels.
I have some small areas like this on my brand new Razer Blade 14, this is a very common flaw in LCD manufacturing process and it is not something you can fix by yourself. You've got 2 choices: return the product until you get a perfect one, or, live with it.

rodan73

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

There is a few solutions online that I've seen on YouTube. He removes the lcd, then cleans the back light panel with a q tip, and toothpaste. The 3 spots that he cleaned were gone afterwards

lebin

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
I too have this issue with my new Dell S2216H monitor. The colors are working fine but the white spot is visible on white background. Any possible fixes?

Anand_24

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

I am also using Dell S2216H 1080p monitor.It has 3-4 white patches on the screen :? Thinking to go to the service centre as my monitor is less than 2 months.

yadavji83

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
It appeared on my hp laptop also, i found the reason for me was i placed something on my laptop when the lid was close but laptop running. I think that caused the problem. When i press back of my laptop screen i can see that same type of dot temporarily. I have asked hp support to replace it as its in accidental protection.

thanatos313

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
No solution but I just wanna say that I bought a sony 4k TV just yesterday (XBR43X830C) which was working fine. However about an hour ago I turned off the tv for like 20 minutes to go do other stuff. I came back, turned it on and had the bright spots. 5 of them across the screen. Obviously not from pressure or whatever because no one was in my room, and I find the dust thing unlikely in this short amount of time...

Benjamin_46

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

Hi! How did you pull it off exactly? Did you use the suction cup right on the front of the LCD or did you open it up and pulled from behind?

Betocabus1

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

In the front of the lcd, without open. Keeped the pressure with the screen off and then turned on. Pressure to move my MacBook in my bed

vessto

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

I got the same prob today and i found this thread. My PC is Lenovo C340 All-In-One.

None touched the screen so I suppose it is the dust. But I don't have a clue how to clean it inside as I never opened the PC. I bought it in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.