Smallest atx/matx case that fits my threadripper workstation for better portability?

Crik927

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi there.

I have built a 1950x workstation in my bedroom for rendering & modeling tasks since last year. Later I found that my laptop just isn't capable of doing even the lightest render job so I had to bring my bulky desktop with me sometimes to my studio.

Although I know that my current case (fd meshify c) is one of the smallest atx cases out there, I wonder might there be any other smaller alternatives for slightly easier transportation? I could get a matx x399 board and a 240mm aio to fit in a matx case if there are no better atx options.

Below is my setup:
current case: fractal design mechify c
CPU: amd 1950x
cpu cooler: enermax liqtech tr4 360mm
MOBO: asrock x399 taichi
ram: 4x16gb g skill ddr4
gpu: titan xp w/ nzxt g12 & 120mm aio
psu: evga 1000w g3
drives: 3x3.5, 2x2.5, 3xm.2 (no need to consider hard drive compatibility, as an external drive bay is easy to get)

image of the layout: https://imgur.com/a/twmPH1s

BTW I know there is a Cerberus x out there, but a complete case setup will cost me over $300...just can't justify it. The best situation is that the case will have a 360mm + 120mm rad support and full atx power supply compatibility, some extra hard drive slots will be nice, but it could be different.

Please let me know if you have something in mind! Thanks a lot!

Crik927

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
I actually tried this before with TeamViewer, and most of the time it worked very well, but there are a few times it didn't and caused me to drive back and forth to fix the connection...can't rely on it 100% I guess:( Also, when I have to go on a trip with no one at home, an portable setup will be my best friend.