Question Smart (Active) monitor LED light strip kit

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Hello! I was hoping to get some input on smart LED strips for my monitor. I have a 34” ultra wide and am about to start the process of upgrading my set up and want to add these to the list. Not sure even what to call these? Active LEDs? Examples I know of is the govee dream lights and the Corsair ls100 kits. I was wondering what else might be out there and how software Va hardware perform. Any and all info would be great!

Lutfij

Titan
If you have other Corsair branded gear in your setup, inside or outside your rig(build) then I'd suggest sticking to one ecosystem so you have one app to manage all the LED's and maintain uniformity. Most mashups with RGB/ARGB LED app's tend to introduce mishaps or worse the wrong outcome. Can you please share the links to the LED kits you're looking at?

Generally they are known as ambient lighting or environment lighting.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
If you have other Corsair branded gear in your setup, inside or outside your rig(build) then I'd suggest sticking to one ecosystem so you have one app to manage all the LED's and maintain uniformity. Most mashups with RGB/ARGB LED app's tend to introduce mishaps or worse the wrong outcome. Can you please share the links to the LED kits you're looking at?

Generally they are known as ambient lighting or environment lighting.
Thank you for the help! Looks like the govee g1 is not out quite yet. Looks to be hardware only or an app and uses a camera

https://us.govee.com/pages/g1pro?utm_source=dreamview+release

I have quite a few Corsair items already. Ram, keyboard, headset.

Corsair iCUE LS100 LED Smart Lighting Strip Starter Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X1QJTQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DZK9ENEGQ0FADPAYXC8V

D

Deleted member 362816

I get why one would want to stick to corsair, but the Govee kit basically mimics color from the screen you are viewing for a super immersive experience, As of right now corsairs options are not on the same level as the Govee.

I have one of these smart kits on my TV and my gosh it's simply amazing.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
I get why one would want to stick to corsair, but the Govee kit basically mimics color from the screen you are viewing for a super immersive experience, As of right now corsairs options are not on the same level as the Govee.

I have one of these smart kits on my TV and my gosh it's simply amazing.

I have just red that the Corsair lights are pretty dim in comparison. Is there anyway to shorten the ones on your TV set up?

D

Deleted member 362816

I have just red that the Corsair lights are pretty dim in comparison. Is there anyway to shorten the ones on your TV set up?

I would just wait for the g1 pro to be available as it's made for gaming monitors.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
If anyone stumbles upon this I ended up getting the Lytmi Pro Immersion Monitor Backlight for Windows. These are okay for the most part. Colors aren’t super fantastic but they really do add to the experience.