[SOLVED] SMART Read Error Rate & Current Pending Sector Count

Scottes

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
CrystalDiskInfo is saying that one of my drives is Bad, apparently because of a Read Error Rate of 1.
1 doesn't seem to be too bad...

But it also has a Current Pending Sector Count of 200.

Is there anything I can do to correct/fix these errors? I use this drive for backups so I can reformat if needed.
I have run the Windows 10 error checking, and it did a long Scanning And Repairing process which hung at 100% done for 8+ hours. At which point I canceled.

I then tried to repair at next reboot, and rebooted, but didn't see any chkdsk happen. So I'm running that Scan And Repair again, but have little faith given the first try.

This is a WD Black P10 external drive that's less than 2 years old, so still under the 5-year warranty.
If this is totally busted, what info would I need, other than the above screenshot, to get WD to replace this?

Solution
CrystalDiskInfo is saying that one of my drives is Bad, apparently because of a Read Error Rate of 1.

Is there anything I can do to correct/fix these errors? I use this drive for backups so I can reformat if needed.
I have run the Windows 10 error checking, and it did a long Scanning And Repairing process which hung at 100% done for 8+ hours. At which point I canceled.

I then tried to repair at next reboot, and rebooted, but didn't see any chkdsk happen. So I'm running that Scan And Repair again, but have little faith given the first try.

This is a WD Black P10 external drive that's...

This is a WD Black P10 external drive that's less than 2 years old, so still under the 5-year warranty.
If this is totally busted, what info would I need, other than the above screenshot, to get WD to replace this?
Contact WD.....have a chat.

It's practically dead, nothing specially software can fix that error, most probably heads problem. Claim warranty and before sending safety erase contents.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/active_killdisk.html

Solution