[SOLVED] Smashed Tempered glass panel/ Issue with ASUS Prime z390 -A

Stobbzy2019

Commendable
Aug 3, 2019
So today I tried to clean out my system… WORST decision ever.
I don’t know how it happened but after I had finished cleaning the dust out the system, I somehow managed to smash the glass panel on my Corsair case… So after cleaning it up and trying to use the machine to see if it was okay and could still function with the amount of glass that everywhere, on the motherboard it now does not post. It goes red on the CPU light for a split second and then orange on the DRAM light on the ASUS z390-A prime. Then after it does these 2 lights it repeats it again and then goes too a solid white light on VGA and a couple seconds later it also lights up a green light on BOOT. I am very confused and have tried troubleshooting as usual.
The steps I have taken to troubleshoot this is:
  • Removal of all RAM except one stick.
  • Reseed the CPU, cables, GPU and 1x RAM stick in each slot everytime I’ve pushed the power button
  • Removed CMOS
  • Removed GPU and tried on board graphics with both HDMI and DP

All of the above I’ve tried and still unsure why the VGA light is solid white and won’t boot up.
Any ideas?

Solution
had the case standing up as it normally would be...
One hand one the glass over the screw holes and my other hand with a screw in my hand and then hear a crack and then it just all went at once
odd that it would shatter inward with such force that it would get into the motherboard and other components.
i would expect it to just shatter in place and fall straight down.

unless the glass actually hit components hard enough to damage them or to inject shards of glass into crevices and contacts i wouldn't expect this to be the cause of the issue.
i would more suspect that the cleaning may have unseated or damaged a cable or connection.

try just bread-boarding the system outside of the case.
if bread-boarding shows basic system still...
I somehow managed to smash the glass panel on my Corsair case
how did this occur?
was the glass panel itself broken separately
or did you have a blunt trauma to the entire case and the glass shattered while attached?

if you dropped or hit the case hard enough to break the glass it's possible that interior components were also damaged.
i would start by testing each component in another system to ensure what is still functioning.

Stobbzy2019

Commendable
Aug 3, 2019
how did this occur?
was the glass panel itself broken separately
or did you have a blunt trauma to the entire case and the glass shattered while attached?

if you dropped or hit the case hard enough to break the glass it's possible that interior components were also damaged.
i would start by testing each component in another system to ensure what is still functioning.
I took the panel off and carefully put it too one side and cleaned as normal. When I put it back on, I had the case standing up as it normally would be, not lying down flat On a surface. One hand one the glass over the screw holes and my other hand with a screw in my hand and then hear a crack and then it just all went at once. Most of the glass on the floor, some but not loads of glass in the case but I think it may have damaged my components. I have bought a new case for now but I don’t have enough money to try in a second system / don’t know anybody with a pc that could help me out. But it seems possible to be that the glass shattering may have caused an issue with components and potentially damaged my motherboard, but let’s hope not.

had the case standing up as it normally would be...
One hand one the glass over the screw holes and my other hand with a screw in my hand and then hear a crack and then it just all went at once
odd that it would shatter inward with such force that it would get into the motherboard and other components.
i would expect it to just shatter in place and fall straight down.

unless the glass actually hit components hard enough to damage them or to inject shards of glass into crevices and contacts i wouldn't expect this to be the cause of the issue.
i would more suspect that the cleaning may have unseated or damaged a cable or connection.

try just bread-boarding the system outside of the case.
if bread-boarding shows basic system still works then try rebuilding/re-seating the entire thing from scratch, maybe also shake out each component to try and remove any loose glass.
if still no good i would start troubleshooting each component in a separate system or pay someone else to do it for you.

Solution