Question SMB Password: how to reveal it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbil

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
I am using an app on my Amazon Fire TV, which connects to my Windows 7 PC via an SMB address. It's working fine, but I need to connect to this shared folder with a different app. Unfortunately, I don't remember the user name & password that I used for this connection.

Is there a way that I can display this info?

Regards,
John B

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I need to connect to this shared folder with a different app. " [My underline.]

What other different app? How does the working app on the Amazon Fire TV access the shared folder? Could be that the user name and password for the shared folder are configured into that app.

Look there - but then again you may not be able to see the information without the necessary admin rights including a user name, password, PIN, etc. for the TV.

= = = =

Who shared the folder? Ask that person to provide you with a new user name and password.

Or if it is your folder then you will need to re-create the folder accordingly if you are unable to remember the user name and password.

Basically there is no way from this end to know the truth of matter: e.g., who really owns the folder and grants orshares access with others.

Forum rules prohibit assistance with passwords and related access problems.

Closing thread accordingly.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Status
Not open for further replies.