Snag Yourself a Medal of Honor Beta Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I already have one. The game is really not that good. No way will it be competition for COD. As much as no dedis ticked me off for MW2 I will still be buying Black Ops. There is just nothing that compares with Call of Duty's gameplay.

rollerdisco

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Piss off, I will get a key somewhere else.. Bad enough games cost 60 bucks now I have to pay to be a beta tester.[/citation]
i thought as a beta tester, you were doing them a favor.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]rollerdisco[/nom]i thought as a beta tester, you were doing them a favor.[/citation]

Yeah same here. Sure I will pay money to point out your programming bugs.

trnddwn33

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Dont do it game is weak and a disapointment. Hopefully the full version come October will be much improved. Its like a mix of MW2 with a little bit of BF thrown in but maps are too small and too many issues. Not worth it as others have said.[/citation]

Agreed. Seemed like a weak MW2 with quick deaths, long respawn times, and short BC2 Rush objectives.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Re: beta testing:

When was the last time you used a "beta" product and actually reported a bug to the developer? These private "beta" releases are just tools to generate money or publicity (or to test high user loads). Real testing is done by real testers, not kids sitting in the living room drinking red bull and whining to their mother about how they can't take out the trash right now cause they're in the middle of a big fight.

And what the hell is curse.com?

bastyn99

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Re: beta testing:When was the last time you used a "beta" product and actually reported a bug to the developer? These private "beta" releases are just tools to generate money or publicity (or to test high user loads). Real testing is done by real testers, not kids sitting in the living room drinking red bull and whining to their mother about how they can't take out the trash right now cause they're in the middle of a big fight.And what the hell is curse.com?[/citation]

First of all, I agree with you on the testing part. I know I probably wouldt report it unless it was really major

and curse.com is a big addon database for WoW, Warhammer Online and other MMOs

G

Oy...read the article. Tomorrow at 12 PM PST if you have a regular ol' account on Curse, you can get a beta key. No money, nothin'.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]BFBC2![/citation]
The Medal of Honor multiplayer is designed largely by the same team that did the Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer.

Medal of Honor is actually using two different game engines. The single player is using the Unreal engine and designed by an EA team in California. The multiplayer uses the Frostbite engine (same engine in BFBC2) and is designed by the DICE team in Sweden.

But I've been playing the beta and so far I like it. But it is hard to say if it'll be better than BFBC2. The best way I can describe the multiplayer is like a mix of Modern Warfare 2 and BFBC2.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
amazed people are still stupid enough to complain about how bad a game is after playing a beta...

after playing the BC2 beta, im given up on playing FPSs before release. usually just crushes my expectations, even when the resulting game end up awesome.

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Strangely enough fileplanet has had the beta open for everyone since July 4th I believe. I'm not one for paying for membership to get into beta programs, free beta or nothing is my motto, an open beta means "open" not select members.

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
To those that have played it and disliked it, can you please provide a constructive and informative summation of the experience? I can tell that it is a cross between MW2 and BC2 from reading the sales pitch, but how does it suck as you say?

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I honestly was hoping MOH would be better than MW2 (anti-Activision politics and all)...BUT, I was sadly mislead. The game stinks. Back to MW2

Lamiel

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
[citation][nom]trnddwn33[/nom]Agreed. Seemed like a weak MW2 with quick deaths, long respawn times, and short BC2 Rush objectives.[/citation]

Long respawns? I've been playing for a couple of days now, and I've found the respawn time to be significantly shorter than BC2.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Dont do it game is weak and a disapointment. Hopefully the full version come October will be much improved. Its like a mix of MW2 with a little bit of BF thrown in but maps are too small and too many issues. Not worth it as others have said.[/citation]
EA is doing something very wrong...
Battlefield and Call of Duty were always VERY different. CoD sells better, so I guess that's EA's goal.
Unfortunately, many of us preferred Battlefield.
I own BFBC2 and CoD MW2, but I'm tempted to get BF2 again anyways.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I would love to try this game. Does anyone know if it will support AMD/ATI's eyefinity technology? I use 3 screens to get a huge FOV in game. I love it. My favorite game for the moment is MW2 by far. Check out my knife throwing montage here: www.youtube.com/delanoche21

Status
Not open for further replies.