SndVol32 missing and dont have disk

Hello,

Thanks in advance to those who will read and answer this message. I have
read the help file and the options listed here to fix this problem. However,
I don't have a disk, and quite frankly, don't ever remember having one. How
can I get the files necessary to fix my SndVol problem?

Thanks!

Who is the manufacturer of your computer? I am assuming that if you did not
recieve a disk you probably have an OEM install (such as a Compaq) that
probably has the installation files on a separate partition. If this is an
OEM install then we may not know exactly how to approach the problem because
each OEM does things differently.

You might post to the boards of the manufacturer, post your error again, or
even call the support for your OEM.

--
http://www.americantechie.com

"Pink" <Pink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Thanks in advance to those who will read and answer this message. I have
> read the help file and the options listed here to fix this problem.
> However,
> I don't have a disk, and quite frankly, don't ever remember having one.
> How
> can I get the files necessary to fix my SndVol problem?
>
> Thanks!

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Pink/ said:

> Thanks in advance to those who will read and answer this message. I have
> read the help file and the options listed here to fix this problem. However,
> I don't have a disk, and quite frankly, don't ever remember having one. How
> can I get the files necessary to fix my SndVol problem?

Here - for a short time.
http://hevanet.com/hb/sndvol32.exe

Download the file, and put it in the c:\windows\system32 directory (folder)

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

"Pink" <Pink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks in advance to those who will read and answer this message. I
> have read the help file and the options listed here to fix this
> problem. However, I don't have a disk, and quite frankly, don't ever
> remember having one. How can I get the files necessary to fix my
> SndVol problem?

First, make sure that Explorer shows all file extensions. According
to your subject line, this is obviously not the case. Next:

Search the drive for the file "SNDVOL32.EXE". When found, copy that
file into the %windir%\system32 folder. Otherwise, search for the file
"SNDVOL32.EX_". When found (eg. in the folder %windir%\i386), adapt the
procedure (path) mentioned in the following article:

"Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You Receive
an Error Message When You Try to Add It"
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;319095

--
d-d

Hello
I had a similar problem.I asked a friend to copy the file sndvol32 from the
win dir 1386 system32 in a floppy, which I copied.Lo and behold the problem
was solved and I could again access the vol control program.
Hope this will help you.

"Pink" ने लिखा: