Snowden-Approved Qubes OS 3.2 Released With New Management Features, Xfce4 Desktop Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorfa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2012
I wish the openBSD people could make friends with the qubes people. They could produce the ultimate in security.

(I also hope they stick with xfce)

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Snoden approved? What is that supposed to even mean? Okay great the guy released a bunch of documents that proved what we already knew. That doesn't make him a Messiah.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

Doesn't prove he actually knows wtf he's talking about either. He was provided access to the documents he released, through his former job. Not like he hacked government systems to get the documents.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
"Snowden-Approved" probably means the OS has a back door that shares all of your data with the Chinese and Russians.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
SSDPRO and Davil needs to look up facts. Here's a tip. Go watch the 2 hour movie about him showing in the cinemas now. It will clearly make yo use the world in a different light as you guys have no clue.

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
99.9% of Snowden's releases were not related to PRISM, Muscular and a couple of others that could be interpreted as public interest. The rest were clearly intended to harm the US generally as some sort of punishment. Irony here is he wound up in Russia where these sorts of programs are 1000x worse versus the citizens.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

Wait... did you just try to use a Hollywood produced movie that is "based on a true story" to make your point about someone? You really can't use a movie to justify why someone is right about something, Hollywood will ALWAYS exaggerate and add things that never happened to movies. There is a good chance that 95% of that movie isn't even real or not exactly what happened.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
You guys beat me to it. On one hand, some of the things the government was doing were unconstitutional and needed to be stopped.

However...

I find it very suspicious he ended up in Moscow. Guaranteed, he would not have been able to stay there had he not given the Russian government information in return. They would have used him as leverage to get something else they want from the US. Given the recent hacks against the DNC and other government entities, it wouldn't be a stretch to think he was involved either willingly or unwillingly.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Not just released. He risked his life for it and worked there and had a hand on experience how nsa uses it's tech to spy and hack systems.
Very detailed information about how they handle all the massive amounts of data they gather. Yes some of the people knew and some of them lived in fantasy land where there are conspiracies only tin foil hats. Snowden showed how deep it all wen't and risked it's own life for it and it is was deeper than most people can think of.

What comes to the OS. All of the features are really nice and make sense. I ques in this case when Snowden approves means that it's an OS that can't be easily hacked by NSA.or infected with malware.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Where would you go? In some country that is allied with the USA? That wouldn't be very smart. Snowden already released all the data he has and made himself as the enemy and btw if I remember correctly he didn't get permission to stay there. That's why he tried to get permission in other countries before they kick him out. I haven't seen the movie I just read the news and some details about the documents. How it all works. Suspicious yes, but he might have had no other choice.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Traitor to the government or to the people or to the humanity?
He made a huge favor to all of us by showing how dirty the government of any country can be and that you really can't trust anyone when it comes to security.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

That statement really makes people wonder how much you really know. Hollywood has no history of releasing the truth about anyone or anything. Hollywood still denies that they only exist due to theft of IP. They twist facts or blatantly lie for the purpose of entertainment. If they told the truth, it wouldn't be a movie. It'd be a documentary and nobody would ever see it.

He's a traitor to the US Gov't and some citizens of his country. In reality, the American people had a right to know all of the information he released. The US Gov't ignores the US Constitution as it sees fit and people have a right to know. Sadly, what he did has proven to be a waste of time. No one benefited from the release of the information. People simply see him as a traitor who intended to do harm to the Gov't. They fail to realize the harm that the Gov't is doing to itself and the people it is supposed to serve. Too many Americans are too blind to see the truth. Either because they don't want to, or they aren't educated enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.