Question Snowman T6 or Gammaxx 400 EX

tomhumphreyregalado

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
So I was about to buy the gammaxx 400 ex but I stumbled upon a newly released Black T6 with dual rgb/argb fans. Aside from the terrible mounting system of the T6, I think it's slightly better than the 400 ex (bigger and more heatpipes and the rgb fans which I can make use of later down the line when I upgrade my mobo). But is the mounting pressure okay on the T6? I can deal with the horrible mounting system since I only repaste once or twice a year. They're exactly the same price too.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021
So I was about to buy the gammaxx 400 ex but I stumbled upon a newly released Black T6 with dual rgb/argb fans. Aside from the terrible mounting system of the T6, I think it's slightly better than the 400 ex (bigger and more heatpipes and the rgb fans which I can make use of later down the line when I upgrade my mobo). But is the mounting pressure okay on the T6? I can deal with the horrible mounting system since I only repaste once or twice a year. They're exactly the same price too.
Bumping this thread as i'm having the same dilemma between the two aswell, have you decided on which to use?

tomhumphreyregalado

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
Bumping this thread as i'm having the same dilemma between the two aswell, have you decided on which to use?
I chose the 400 ex. As to why, I don't have any argb header on my current mobo and I don't want to buy the snowman T6 rgb since it can't be controlled via software. The mounting system on the T6 is also inferior to the gammaxx 400 ex. So I just opted to buy the 400 ex since I don't want to buy an argb controller and don't want random rgb colors on my rig. I imagine they would be on par with one another regarding performance. If I had an argb header, I'd most probably buy the snowman black T6 and use a good thermal paste so I won't need to take it off that often.

Reactions: FleetingFalcon
Apr 15, 2021
I chose the 400 ex. As to why, I don't have any argb header on my current mobo and I don't want to buy the snowman T6 rgb since it can't be controlled via software. The mounting system on the T6 is also inferior to the gammaxx 400 ex. So I just opted to buy the 400 ex since I don't want to buy an argb controller and don't want random rgb colors on my rig. I imagine they would be on par with one another regarding performance. If I had an argb header, I'd most probably buy the snowman black T6 and use a good thermal paste so I won't need to take it off that often.
I have a 6 pin RGB hub that i can wire an ARGB to so ig i'm fine with that, i'll keep it in consideration, the reason i want the Snowman cause of the sleek black overalls but ill def have the 400 EX in consideration, Happy building :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS