[SOLVED] So here is my dilemma, it has to do with User Account Control?

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Okay so here is what I do, I right click on a program and run as admin. then this box appears User Account Control. It is a small box that I am suppose to answer yes or no too. Here is my dilemma, my mouse when I hover over the box will not respond to anything in\on the box. But because I have a laptop with a touch screen, I have to touch yes or no button, even the small red X button if I wanted to close this box doesn't respond to my mouse, why? Thank you for all the help.

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
First of all I couldn't find the forum for win 8.1? where is it, is there even a forum for it? . I am using a laptop, it is an Acer E5-511P my mouse is a Logitech M510. All drivers are I believe up to date. I can't run Windows Update either that is for another forum, I have all admin rights.

Thank you Ralston18 for trying to help me out I greatly appreciate it. I will try to be more clear. It has nothing to do with my mouse or computer or even software,it is a weird thing that started.
When someone like me wants to open a program, to make sure I am running it as admin. I go to the program on my desktop, right click on the program and select"run as admin", okay this is where the problem arises. next step opens up it is a small box it says User Account Control at the top and on the same box it then asks " Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer" and I have to answer yes or no. My mouse won't recognize this box on the screen, but if I touch the screen (having a touchscreen) I can answer the question. but usually someone would just click on the answer yes. there is NO other place that my mouse doesn't recognize. Every single place or thing that I open works. Weird and I never had this happen before.

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Which legacy Windows OS?

Make and model laptop? Make and model mouse? All drivers current and up to date?

What program? One specific program or all programs?

Are you able to capture an image of "this box"? If so, post accordingly.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

What admin rights do you have on the laptop?

More information needed.

Well Ralston18 thank you for your help I just figured out what it was, it was a program called X-Mouse Button Control. I never had problems with this program, it is a great mouse program, not so much right now though.lol. thank you problem solved.