[SOLVED] So I messed up my pc

Dec 10, 2020
So I recently bought an rx5700xt because my videocard was way too old for cyberpunk and other games to pair up with my ryzen 7 3700x.
It was supposed to be a quick videocard swap but I wanted to clean my cpu and rearrange wiring. The thing is, when I removed my cpu it came out sticked to the cooler(the wraith prism) and I noticed some pins were bent so for 2 days I kept trying to fix the pins and the cpu looks normal with no bents or anything but it just won't go in the am4 socket. I have a Gigabyte x570 gaming x mobo and I also cleaned the socket there. When I pull the lock, the cpu doesn't slide in all the way and the pins are visible on the side. I have no idea if I should buy a new mobo or the cpu is <Mod edit> messed up or if both are <Mod edit> messed up. I still have warranty on both but if I send them they will probably come next year..

Dec 10, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/a/6P6swfr
this is it . In the last pic you can see its a lil bent on the right but its and older pic. Im not the one who mounted the pc in the first place but the guy who did told me he had problems with putting the cpu in the socket the first time he mounted it but he doesnt remember the pins going in all the way. And somehow the cpu and the whole pc was working perfectly up until my dumbass removed it to clean smh...

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
You can try taking the CPU to a repairsman. He will know whatssup(If you still couldn't fix the issue) The worst scenario will be him molding the pins back together, that costs a little

Edit: I saw the pins they too damn bent :D You definitely need to get new pins to it, or worst case a new CPU

Dec 10, 2020
I've done it finally and the pc works with everything (writing this comment from it) Thanks to everyone ! The only problem I need help with is that it won't boot into bios settings and just goes to black screen flashes a few times and then monitor turns off (Im using a Displayport 144hz 1080p monitor). Pc works well and boots into windows but I just can't get into the bios settings because I want to turn on XMP

Board is again : Gigabyte x570 gaming x

Dec 10, 2020
Yes, the windows works perfectly fine everything is lighting up RGB and the videocard has power. The only problem is when I press delete when I restart to try to enter bios or when I use the Shift-Restart method it restarts the pc and then its just black screen no menu no nothing. If i restart it obviously goes back into windows

Dec 10, 2020
No they weren't too bent just some of them were and I managed to bend them back into position and the cpu went in perfectly normal as it should be now my problem is that even though pc runs fine and boots into windows if I wanna go into bios and change settings (for example enable XMP) its just a black screen that flashes my displayport a few times then monitor closes.