Question So I think my motherboard may have failed on me

Sep 6, 2024
So 3 days ago I took my gpu out of the computer to have it cleaned up, and tried to boot up with the igpu, but got nothing, so I plugged the gpu back in and tried again; still nothing. Tried different sets of ram in all slots, that I'm sure are working, no post. Tried disconnecting all periferals and storage, took it out of the case and reassembled it. Tried to use a spray to clean up the dimm slots (I don't know the name in english, it's not my native tongue). The ram rgb lights up, the whole system starts up, but absolutely no display. I still didn't clear the bios because I believe the motherboard is not compatible with my cpu from the factory, and does not come with bios flash utility.
The only diagnostic light that stays on is the "BOOT" light, the rest go through their ordinary routine.

Motherboard: Asrock B550m pro4
Cpu: ryzen 5600g
Gpu: msi rx 6750xt
Psu: evga 850w plus bronze
ram: 2x16gb generic (tried like other 3 sets that I'm sure are working)

Please help me, a new mobo where I live costs like 200 dollars and I can't afford to spend this right now, I just bought my dream gpu and have been hit with other unexpected house expenses.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention all the rams you've worked with this far. Use a dual channel ram kit on slots A2 and B2.

EVGA is the brand of the unit while 850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Likewise bronze is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU ion your build?

Sep 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention all the rams you've worked with this far. Use a dual channel ram kit on slots A2 and B2.

EVGA is the brand of the unit while 850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Likewise bronze is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU ion your build?
Thanks.

Already tried using the ram sticks on all slots one at a time, two at a time, every configuration possible. The ram works, I'm sure, I tested it on my brother's computer and even borrowed a stick with rgb from a friend. The rgb on the stick lights up, so I think it's recognizing it.

The psu is a 850w BQ psu from EVGA, I think it's like 3 or 4 years old by now.