So, I'm A Tad confused with my temps.

epimyst

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
Hey, I've had my PC for over a year now, I've recently been having some concerns regarding my CPU temperature, It's hotter than I believe it should be, alot louder as well. I took it apart about 2 months back after having HDD problems, cleaned it out replaced the thermal paste, made sure there was no dust in the radiators/fans, but now its temps are higher than they were before I cleaned it? (I may have my fans both blowing into the radiator which I think may be the problem, just want to ask here before I take my CPU cooler apart again)

I have a i7-4790k @ 4.00, with a H80i v2 cooler. My idle temps currently are around high 40s to low 50s. Here's a screenshot of my idle temps. :
4e545d73c65aef33cddabdae9fb43675.png

Here's a screenshot after about 30 minutes playing Arma 3, Temps spiked to mid-high 70s but after closing the game I'm back down to high 40's to mid 50's. (Not really a great way to stress my CPU but it's the best I have right now) :
09d15637150d69b8a49828f372b5d7c1.png

I'm really just writing this because I really don't think that my PC should be as loud as it is right now, nor should the temps be so high in my opinion.

Solution
UPDATE :

I just took it apart, cleaned out the radiator again, (There was a SUPRISINGLY huge amount of dust buildup, more than likely do to improper airflow by the fans, I put them on properly now my temps are mid 30s-low 40s idle, and thank god the most annoying thing, the sound is finally bearable, can barely hear it now, as before it was basically a leafblower, Sorry if I wasted any of your time.

epimyst

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
UPDATE :

I just took it apart, cleaned out the radiator again, (There was a SUPRISINGLY huge amount of dust buildup, more than likely do to improper airflow by the fans, I put them on properly now my temps are mid 30s-low 40s idle, and thank god the most annoying thing, the sound is finally bearable, can barely hear it now, as before it was basically a leafblower, Sorry if I wasted any of your time.

Solution