[SOLVED] So is AMD Good Now

Nov 24, 2018
I'm long overdue to upgrade my pc. I was all set to get an i5 8600 for a gaming PC but then I started hearing all this talk about Ryzen and how the LGA 1151 socket is probably going to be outdated soon but Ryzen's AM4 socket will still be good for at least another 2 years.

I currently have an AM2 motherboard and I've been excited to upgrade to an Intel CPU but it's looking like the smarter money is on another AMD CPU, even though Intel is still technically faster.

If I'm upgrading my motherboard and CPU, am I better going with AM4 right now?

Solution
you get more for your money with amd as always. they may not be the fastest on the market but what you save on the cpu/mobo can be put into a better gpu than you'd get with same budget an an intel build. as always you pay a big premium to overclock with intel but amd let's you oc every chip on any motherboard and includes a pretty good cooler with the cpu's. throw in the am4 socket being good for at least a couple more years and knowing intel will have 3 more sockets in that time and the choice is obvious.

stick with amd and know you made the right choice

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you get more for your money with amd as always. they may not be the fastest on the market but what you save on the cpu/mobo can be put into a better gpu than you'd get with same budget an an intel build. as always you pay a big premium to overclock with intel but amd let's you oc every chip on any motherboard and includes a pretty good cooler with the cpu's. throw in the am4 socket being good for at least a couple more years and knowing intel will have 3 more sockets in that time and the choice is obvious.

stick with amd and know you made the right choice

Solution