Question So... My cpu is dead now?

Apr 18, 2019
Hi everyone.
I had some weird experiences with my pc these days. Before that, I'd like to mention that I changed my cpu's cooler about 2 months ago (and during the process I took out the cpu once). The problem started with a blue screen and then boot loop. I checked rams with memtest, it gave me some address failure errors so I tested my pc with another ram and the problem was still there. I checked every part and finally I used another cpu and it just solved the problem. A day after that I checked cpu socket on the motherboard and there were 3 bent pins (and I think two of them were touching each other) , I fixed them but I don't have access to my rams 'till the next week and I can't test it myself so here's my question:
If those pins are the problem so why the new cpu (i3 7100) worked perfectly?
And does it mean those pins have damaged my cpu?
Thank you and sorry for the long text.
CPU: i7 6700
MB: Asus z170-a

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
It could have been your 6700 was damaged when you didn’t realise you put it back into its socket while the pins were bent. The 7100 was put in the socket after you fixed the problem so that’s why it works.

How come you removed the CPU when you replaced the cooler?

Reactions: Ary_Ary
Apr 18, 2019
It could have been your 6700 was damaged when you didn’t realise you put it back into its socket while the pins were bent. The 7100 was put in the socket after you fixed the problem so that’s why it works.

How come you removed the CPU when you replaced the cooler?

No, actually I fixed the pins after testing MB with i3 7100
I was a little curious so I removed cpu and think I didn't know much about pins and maybe I didn't do that carefully enough