So, Uh, Atari's New 'Speakerhats' Are A Real Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speakerhats! The future is NOW!

I kind of think they should have gone with a top hat design though, so the speakers could be positioned closer to the ears. Imagine a fine felted top hat with the Atari logo emblazoned across the front, and integrated bluetooth speakers in the rim. There would also be plenty of room inside for a subwoofer, and maybe a USB battery bank and smartphone dock. Perhaps they will keep those things in mind for the second-generation units.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I was expecting something like an ushanka. The only reason I know what an ushanka is is because I googled "furry hat with ear flaps."

Kenneth Barker

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Atari makes some cheap hat gimick and there are people who think thats worth "investing in Atari stock" for?

Really makes you wonder what some people are thinking these days... Must be the same people investing in AMD right now. Kids who think that a nearly bankrupt company that hasn't seen profit in 5 years, is now worth nearly 10x's what it was a year ago. All because they are selling "tons" of discount budget chips to budget consumers. Its a scary thought that these poor people are risking it all, not knowing the first things about business.

Like that the "budget" option for tech is ALWAYS a bad investment as margins are everything. In the tech world charging the bigger bucks for your products and selling them for that is worth a whole lot more than pushing a bunch of cheap stuff out without any profit.

Or those who fail to see AMD's horrendous track record, terrible credit rating and massive debt, the massive failure that is to be Vega whose development was outsourced and performs like it was. Or maybe that if AMD blows things out of the water... they might make a penny a share this quarter!! which does nothing for their future as they are in the business of NOW as a consumer product producer, Ryzen wont be doing much for them in 6 months much less 4 years from now with competition that has bigger R&D budgets than AMDs total net worth...

Rant over... been a long day, and I am feeling like a huge grump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS