Question Social network: Losing my messages on Facebook PC

azurin

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hello,

I've had this odd behaviour from Facebook/Messenger, but now it's getting a bit of a hassle.

I believe it began since Facebook started to encrypt its messages. I wholeheartedly agree with this (even though I still don't have a huge trust in Facebook) but whenever I try to look at my Facebook messages on my PC, I lose most/all of my recent communications. I have to rely on Messenger app on my cellphone to get consistant, reliable communications. For example, someone talked to me today, yet when I looked on my laptop, the last message I could read from him was from May 30th.

I sadly forgot I had this issue since I had to use Messenger on my cellphone for job purposes for a while. I had uninstalled it from my cellphone today, but when I saw it was still a problem, I reinstalled it. I got some recent messages back, some are gone (forever?) like the ones from a friend that dates from May 30th.

Does this situation rings a bell for anyone? I'd appreciate the help, as (1) I'd like to know why it does this and (2) I'd love to get rid as much as possible of meta apps.
Have a great day!

Ralston18

Titan
I would not, and do not, rely on Facebook for messaging.

Problematic enough as it is to just go to any received Facebook notification and directly arrive at some view or post.

Without getting tossed into endless ads and other completely unrelated postings.

Sometimes I never find the root notification I wanted to open, read or view.

Find other ways to directly communicate with family, friends, co-workers, and other professional contacts.

Your objective is communications. Many other services simply want to serve ads.

Rethink your requirements and then make the necessary changes.

Just my thoughts on the matter.