Socket 478 for P4 is out, so is 2.0 Ghz

G

Just to let you guys know:
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/03080101.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/03080101.htm</A>

deeznuts

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes indeed, this is the williamette core socket 478 version to ease the transition towards the .13 micron Northwood.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

For real? This is not the northwood? I thought the northwood was just the same as socket 423 except in a 478 config with SDRAM config. I was about to cop me one of these. What is the northwood suppose to have that is different?
deez

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Well, according to Raystonn, the .13u Northwood will have everything it was originally supposed to have--that probably means its FPU will be up to snuff, it will have more cache, etc. etc. As I understand it, the .13u Willy is just that--a Willamette in different trappings. Nothing added except a different pin arrangement. I suppose it will be cooler running as well.

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

G

So when exactly (OK not exactly) is the Northwood supposed to come out? I was planning on 1.2 Tualatin, then reading this article I changed my mind, thinking it was the nextgen chip. If northwood is due soon I just might wait.

deez

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I keep hearing that roadmaps predict a late August release--trouble is, following a roadmap these days is like asking a magic 8-ball, no matter which CPU you're waiting for. =/

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
the last roadmap i read siad that it was suppose to be out during quater one or quater two of next year

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
it 'aint out 'till it's on pricewatch. not out even in Japan yet so I wouldn't get too excited for a few weeks

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

dhlucke

Polypheme
Everything is still way too early for the Northwood. Everything is speculation as far as I've seen. God knows (or maybe Intel) when it will be released.

Either it's not coming out for a while, or Intel is making it a secret chip. I'll speculate myself that it's the first guess.

That roadmap changes once a month...

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
In first in august after i read they have put 2 month of delay and a others.November/october/december is more realistique.

Dont forget tullosh (some think like) the new chipset for """hing-end""""

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
In first in august after i read they have put 2 month of delay and a others.November/october/december is more realistique.

Dont forget tullosh (some think like) the new chipset for """hign-end""""