SOE Brings Wizardry Back to North America as MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
I can remember playing wizardry on a Apple IIc in the 80's. But it wasn't 1981, more like 84 or 85, and it was the only game I played except for choplifter until 86. Still never beat it because of a game breaking bug. Games lasted a lot longer back then,

djfv

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
It is free-to-play. 15$ a month gets you "experience accelerators, power boosts, valuable discounts, additional storage and in-game gold bonuses", according to their website.

But still, as a big fan of Wizardry 8, I am bitterly disappointed in Wizardry Online's anime-inspired style. They have replaced Mooks, Hobbits and Rawulf (Rawulf priest, anyone?) with Porkuls (chibis) and Gnomes (Japanese high-school girls). Anime-style tint makes it to look like any other Asian mmorpg...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]How is $15 a month "free-to-play"?[/citation]

Royal Membership unlocks experience accelerators, power boosts, valuable discounts, additional storage and in-game gold bonuses.

[citation][nom]djfv[/nom]It is free-to-play. 15$ a month gets you "experience accelerators, power boosts, valuable discounts, additional storage and in-game gold bonuses", according to their website.But still, as a big fan of Wizardry 8, I am bitterly disappointed in Wizardry Online's anime-inspired style. They have replaced Mooks, Hobbits and Rawulf (Rawulf priest, anyone?) with Porkuls (chibis) and Gnomes (Japanese high-school girls). Anime-style tint makes it to look like any other Asian mmorpg...[/citation]
A long time ago when they launched EverQuest two in Japan, they found out that the Western world wanted the Japanese look opposed to the look they had for the North American market.

Really most people will put up with it in North America, but if you don't have the Japanese looked in an Asian country it hurts you a lot more. From what I've seen of this game playing doesn't look good, it really just looks like a caching game and not even a good one that. I don't see this game lasting too long, well it's SOE so the game will basically last forever but I don't see the player base staying around.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I tried it in beta, the lag and responsiveness was atrocious. I followed it on forums and they stated it never got better. Since it is on Steam now I might give it another go. The anime look is kinda harshin' my buzz on the game though.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
This game will bomb in the US. WoW babies can't even handle a slight grind to get a level these days, nevertheless completely losing their character and all their work. The forum is going to be the most epic battlezone of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.