Software Bandwidth Throttling

nicolashromyk

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Hello,

I have an issue with bandwidth.
We have 100mbs service (or package or whatever it is) from our provider. This is confirmed by speedtests on mobile devices connected to the wifi and the xbox when connected to ethernet.
However, after connecting the same ethernet cable to my PC (from the same router), I'm only getting a max of 10mbs on both wifi and ethernet. At this point it has to be an issue with my computer, but I'm not sure what it is. I went into the configuration settings for both ethernet and wifi, and tried setting "Speed and Duplex" value to "100 Mbps Full Duplex" instead of Auto Negotiation, with no luck.
I'm using the Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller from MSI.

To recap:
We have 100 Mbps service, that works perfectly on most wifi devices and ethernet connections.
I'm using the same ethernet cable that I had connected to the xbox, so I know it's not the cable.
Therefore it has to be an issue with my PC hardware or software but idk what to try or where to look

Mbps or MBps ... they are not the same (1 MBps = 8 Mbps). It's an easy one to confuse, so let's just be sure we are on the same page.

Killer Controllers and Killer software "manage" your connection to give a more consistent experience. I have heard of them reducing speed by a bit (10%), but not 90%. Might be still worth removing the Killer Suite (or whatever they call it) just to see.

From there, we get into the less likely stuff ... especially since it you see the same thing on the ethernet and wifi ports. Let us know.