[SOLVED] Software for volume control?

I have a bit of a unique issue. My son is 12 and has autism. The problem is he has his volume way, way up on his PC,(and he wont use earphones.) Does anyone know of any software for Windows 10 that would allow me to lock the volume so he cant turn it up? He knows his way around a PC so it has to be something with a password to gain access to the controls. I used some software called 'Quiet on the Set' which should of been password protected but for some reason, if you restart the PC or switch it off, it would reset and he could turn the volume back up.

Solution
I would go "Hardware way", by limiting the volume of the speakers. The easiest would be if these are analogue speakers - a pair (actually, two pairs) of resistors is all that's needed. Digitally connected speakers (HDMI, USB, Optical) would be harder, but if everything else fails - you can put some foam between the front grille and the speaker' cone.
Yeah, even if you click on ''start automatically on login'' it doesn't work correctly, it still allows you to adjust the volume without a password. There is even a disclaimer saying, The "lock" provides a basic level of control, but it could be easily bypassed by someone with technical knowledge. which unfortunately he's probably more knowledgeable about PC's than me. I might have to go full hog and buy a monitor without speakers so he has to use earphones but it will start World War 3! But thanks for your help.

You say buy a monitor without out speakers, so one would assume your using the built in speakers on a monitor. How are they plugged into the computer? does it run its own AUX cable?

If so you could get something like this link or this, when hes not home turn the computer volume all the way up and then turn the control box down till your happy. Then just hid the box somewhere in the computer, on the desk, or behind the monitor

Reactions: kurdtnz
You say buy a monitor without out speakers, so one would assume your using the built in speakers on a monitor. How are they plugged into the computer? does it run its own AUX cable?

If so you could get something like this link or this, when hes not home turn the computer volume all the way up and then turn the control box down till your happy. Then just hid the box somewhere in the computer, on the desk, or behind the monitor
Thank you, I may look into something like this, I could somehow hide it within the PC case.

I would go "Hardware way", by limiting the volume of the speakers. The easiest would be if these are analogue speakers - a pair (actually, two pairs) of resistors is all that's needed. Digitally connected speakers (HDMI, USB, Optical) would be harder, but if everything else fails - you can put some foam between the front grille and the speaker' cone.

Solution