Question Software/Hardware problem?

Aug 15, 2020
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't sure where to put it (just joined).

Silly question, (probably vague/broad too) but here it is.

Recently, my pc has been randomly freezing (sound plays but eventually stops responding) and I have to hit the restart button on my case in order to use my computer again.

Could this be a software or hardware problem? I do think it started after the recent Windows update (Windows 10, 2004 update) but I'm not sure if it happened previously as I hadn't used the computer outside of gaming before that (few hours a day, now I use it all day long). I've also noticed that the rgb on my pc parts also freezes at whatever color spectrum it was at when the pc freezes.

There are also no oddities in the Event Viewer. Any suggestions on how I may be able to trace down the problem?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't sure where to put it (just joined).

Silly question, (probably vague/broad too) but here it is.

Recently, my pc has been randomly freezing (sound plays but eventually stops responding) and I have to hit the restart button on my case in order to use my computer again.

Could this be a software or hardware problem? I do think it started after the recent Windows update (Windows 10, 2004 update) but I'm not sure if it happened previously as I hadn't used the computer outside of gaming before that (few hours a day, now I use it all day long). I've also noticed that the rgb on my pc parts also freezes at whatever color spectrum it was at when the pc freezes.

There are also no oddities in the Event Viewer. Any suggestions on how I may be able to trace down the problem?
Odd this fact the rgb freezes as well makes me waunder if there is a issue with the psu.

I thought it was odd too, but I had figured that since the rgb is controlled by Aura Sync, if the system froze maybe the app wasn't sending a behind-the-scenes signal telling it what to do?
This could be, however the only issue is when my pc crashes even controlled by aura sync the rgb still goes. No issues well pc is crashed, or going, and off. My rgb stays going with the pc off and stays in sync from aura's i think it get's changed in the bios. Can you use a volto meter on your psu?

Aug 15, 2020
This could be, however the only issue is when my pc crashes even controlled by aura sync the rgb still goes. No issues well pc is crashed, or going, and off. My rgb stays going with the pc off and stays in sync from aura's i think it get's changed in the bios. Can you use a volto meter on your psu?
I don't have a volto meter nor have I ever used one. Should I get one?