[SOLVED] software to find how often the phone number is used to make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

diliptimblo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2018
We have excel sheet with all contact details. We want to eliminate the phone numbers which are not in use. Is there any software to do this?

This is yet another wrong tool for the wrong job. Your application requires the use of a database with a field labeled "inactive" or such. Searches can be run on this database looking at said "inactive" field and proceed as programmed. The spreadsheet can be used as a display.

kanewolf

Titan
We have excel sheet with all contact details. We want to eliminate the phone numbers which are not in use. Is there any software to do this?
What I would do is create a second sheet with the phone numbers copied. Then use the remove duplicates feature. That will provide a list of unique numbers. Then use the countif function to count each number in your original list.

diliptimblo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2018
1. I had posted the following query yesterday, “We have recently bought an Alcatel EPABX which allows direct calling through a phone book. But the phonebook can only accommodate 2200 phone number. However our phone numbers are much more than this. We have more than 3500 numbers on an excel sheet. . We would like to bring the numbers below 2000 so that the excel sheet can be loaded in the phonebook.
There should be softwares which can find and highlight duplicate numbers and numbers by age history. Could you send us links for 1 or 2 such softwares which highlight the duplicate numbers and numbers by age history. The software could also help us with additional dimensions that will reduce the numbers so that we can add it in the phonebook.”

2. You referred me to, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/find-and-remove-duplicates-00e35bea-b46a-4d5d-b28e-66a552dc138d
2. But misses the point.
3..We want to reduce the 3500 numbers in our phone book to less than 2000 - stored in an excel worksheet. Can you suggest 2 or 3 softwares which will a) show duplicate contacts b) numbers by age and c) any other parameters which the softwares can use to locate now unnecessary numbers. If a particular software cannot accept or operate in excel database, then tell us how to convert the data into the format it prefers.

Status
Not open for further replies.