[SOLVED] Software Update Mac OS 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
It's possible. Just a question as to how far you can go. As far as I can tell, just from reading system compatibility, you might be able to get to El Capitan.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
As far as I understand, you would simply go with the OS that came with your machine and update it as they are available. Can you elaborate on what you are wanting to do? Also, last I read Apple supports devices and OSs for seven years.

Ayrehead

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
According to Apple about the current release:

"if your Mac is running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later, you can upgrade directly to macOS Mojave."

You can read it at:

Feb 14, 2019
According to Apple about the current release:

"if your Mac is running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later, you can upgrade directly to macOS Mojave."

You can read it at:

Nope, Mojave isn't going to happen on a 2008 Mac.

Nope? What did you think I said? I pointed out one reason why his computer does NOT qualify to upgrade directly to macOS Mojave.

As ajpaolello said, it's more a question of how current the OP can get. The OP did not ask about an upgrade directly to Mojave (as Mojave itself was never explicitly mentioned), just about an OS upgrade in general. OP said they are on 10.7.5, and while I know for sure they won't be able to get Mojave, they might be able to get something prior to Mojave. I would have to go look it up again, but I think ajpaolello is correct when mentioning El Capitan as the most recent that machine will be able to upgrade to.

@ samsup50,

As for how you will go about getting that upgrade, you may need to actually search the Mac App store for El Capitan. IIRC, the App Store may not make it obvious as to where the upgrade can be obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.