Question software

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
is there a video software i can use to blow up and clarify a video image. I had something stolen.
i have a surveillance camera. but the image is just a little to far to see clearly.

USAFRet

Titan
is there a video software i can use to blow up and clarify a video image. I had something stolen.
i have a surveillance camera. but the image is just a little to far to see clearly.
Depends how 'not clear' it is.

There are limits as to what can be done. Especially if you're looking for something that can be held up in court.

Can you provide us a screencap of what you have?

Keep your expectations low. Particularly with a garden variety "surveillance camera", likely with dubious lighting and focus.

At the margins....you can improve it a little.

Generally...mere magnification doesn't help. A small blur becomes a big blur.

If it's not clear in the original it'll only be larger and even more unclear when enhanced. Software cannot work magic on missing detail, such as turning an indistinct blob of pixels into, for instance a perfectly clear and readable license plate. What you see on television and in the movies is just that, special effects magic.