Question Solid red DRAM_LED on Asus P8P67 ?

Oct 9, 2020
I recently got this board as an upgrade to my classic old Lenovo motherboard for my brand new PC build, I've tried and looked online for days looking and doing all types of different methods, from clearing CMOS, to using a singular RAM stick in A2 slot and pressing the MemOK! button, I do not know if the bios is up to date, but I have no idea how I'd be able to update it without post, please, If anyone here knows anything that has the least chance at working, , I'd hugely appreciate the try.

My Specs

Motherboard: Asus p8p67
CPU: I7-3770
GPU: Asus 1650S OC
PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ White
RAM: 4 + 8 + 4 + 8 | Quad Channel Sticks, 24GB Total
I do use an SSD if that's any use, along with 3 1TB hard drives, though I doubts those are very important in this matter.

Oct 9, 2020
Have you checked your manual's QVL list to see if that RAM is on the approved list? Those older boards ( like the older Gigabytes) are very fussy about the RAM.

I haven't, Sorry for not knowing much about these, but the list is so short I had to ask, is it THOSE specific pieces of ram, orr the brands? There are barely 20 in the list and they are all nearly from the same brand.
Edit: Here's the official link if you'd like to see it aswell: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/HelpDesk_QVL/

Oct 10, 2020
If you haven't tried yet, remove all the RAM, and then try to post with a single stick in the A2 Slot.

The QVL list is the RAM is RAM that the manufacturer has tested with the board, and has found to be compatible. That doesn't mean that some other RAM wasn't developed after the board was released ( it is rather old, after all ).

I have the Pro version of that board, and a short search online will uncover a host of folks whose mobo just suddenly died.... sometimes taking the CPU with it. I'm one of those lucky folks, and as a result , I'll never buy anything with ASUS' printed on it again.

Oct 9, 2020
oh wow, sorry for the late response, but I have tried what you said to do, made sure to test with my own ram, and even a friends ram, still no luck, if you don't mind me asking, did they mention anything about the DRAM_LED being on when they or even yourself experienced this, if I can narrow it down to a dead board, atleast it will stop me from trying anything else and damaging my own working parts, thanks a bunch for the help attempts, tis much appreciated.

Oct 10, 2020
If you search google, you'll find a lot of posts from folks with this problem. MOST of them involve a solid red DRAM light...... mine is not on. To be more accurate...... most of the posts involve the P8P67 PRO , so those posts might hold no relevance to your situation.

I recently got this board as an upgrade to my classic old Lenovo motherboard for my brand new PC build, I've tried and looked online for days looking and doing all types of different methods, from clearing CMOS, to using a singular RAM stick in A2 slot and pressing the MemOK! button, I do not know if the bios is up to date, but I have no idea how I'd be able to update it without post, please, If anyone here knows anything that has the least chance at working, , I'd hugely appreciate the try.

My Specs

Motherboard: Asus p8p67
CPU: I7-3770
GPU: Asus 1650S OC
PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ White
RAM: 4 + 8 + 4 + 8 | Quad Channel Sticks, 24GB Total
I do use an SSD if that's any use, along with 3 1TB hard drives, though I doubts those are very important in this matter.
Your board uses classic vanilla DDR3, which is very forgiving.
So:
  1. what is the EXACT reference (part number) of the RAM sticks you are using ?
  2. you did perform a clear CMOS by removing the battery from the motherboard for 10 min (after disconnecting the power cord) ?
  3. you tried with a single stick in A2 after the clear CMOS, and tested all 4 sticks?
  4. when you switch on power does anything light up or do the fans work ?
  5. are you sure that your PSU is good ?