Question Solid White VGA light on Asus B550-F. No display

Mar 28, 2022
I was using the PC playing a game when display turned off. Was still able to hear audio and the computer seemed to be running fine. I restarted the PC, Motherboard showing solid white light indicating a VGA issue. PC has ran fine for about 8 months without any sort of issue up to this point.

I have tried reseating the GPU in both PCI-E slots. I also removed the GPU, restarted and re installed the GPU (tried with both DP, HDMI on multiple monitors/multiple ports on the GPU. Also tried clearing CMOS. None of these methods have worked to this point.

It seems the PC is also booting fine. I am able to login and type my password. I see the RGB on the computer change from default to what I have set them to.

I am guessing this could be a GPU or Mobo issue, but was wondering of other methods I could possibly try?

Mar 28, 2022
What is your pc build? Can you try your gpu on another/friends pc? Or have access to another gpu to try on your motherboard?
Build
Asus B550-F
Gigabyte 3080Ti gaming OC
Ryzen 5900x

I do have a friend that is going to lend me a gpu to swap on to my mobo. Will see if that gives me any issues and report back to this thread.

Mar 28, 2022
Build
Asus B550-F
Gigabyte 3080Ti gaming OC
Ryzen 5900x

I do have a friend that is going to lend me a gpu to swap on to my mobo. Will see if that gives me any issues and report back to this thread.
I swapped out my GPU for a different one my buddy let me borrow. Mobo went through boot cycle as normal and displayed windows.

At least my GPU has warranty, Will send it out to Gigabyte for repairs. I have a 3070 loaned to me in the meantime.

Thanks for the help on this

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch